Wednesday, October 23, 2013

What I've Learned (So Far)

I'm officially 6 months into this stay-at-home Daddy business. I was having a moment of reflection today and here is what came to mind:

Talking gets more accomplished than yelling. After my fair share of yelling, I finally get it.

When asked "Daddy can we do your hair and make up?" The right answer is always "yes". Or they provide their fair share of whining until I finally give in.



Pick my battles. (Refer to reflection just prior to this one).

Cartoons give you 5 minutes of peace. Thank you Disney, Nickelodeon, and PBS.

They have their own sense of style. Let them pick out their own clothes. (Refer to Pick my battles again). Plus, I apparently can't match girls clothes to save my life. Who knew there were so many different colors of pink?



Have a plan for the day with some kind of activity. I have quickly learned how to do "crafts".

At 1 (almost 2) and 3 years old, they have an opinion on everything. I thought I had several more years (like teenage years) before this happened. With 2 girls and a wife in the house I better get used to it. I don't get my own opinion anymore.



Kids don't drink water or milk, they live on juice. Coming from a kid who grew up on Kool-Aid, I guess this is an improvement. 


I'm hearing the things my parents said, that I hated, coming out of my mouth on a regular basis. "I'm not mad, I'm disappointed" and "Because I said so" are common ones. Sorry Mom and Dad.

Every meal is a battle. (Enough said. You get this if you are a parent).

 

I'm always carrying somebody's purse.

There is no such thing as sleeping in anymore. And Sunday mornings are no exception. Might as well be Tuesday as far as kids are concerned.

They make me laugh everyday.



They teach me much more than I teach them.

Enjoy every minute because they grow up too fast. I must have that cheesy statement a thousand times. Damn, it's true.

I fall in love with them more and more everyday!



Hasta...
















No comments:

Post a Comment