Thursday, May 19, 2016

Dance, Dance & More Dance

Durango Dance was the first activity that Magan and I enrolled Maia in when we first moved to Durango. Dance was just supposed to be a fun thing for Maia to do to pass some time and give me a free hour when I first started this whole stay-at-home Dad business. I didn't know that over the years I would become an official "Dance Dad" (and like it!). While the girls other activities are broken up into 8 week periods, dance is every week from September-May, so we spend quite a bit of time and energy dancing. 
 
This year marks Maia's 3rd year in ballet and her 3rd year in the end of the year recital (see previous posts for 2014 and 2015). She danced to Moon River for this recital. This year her growth in skill and technique was obvious. She seems to actually know what she is doing and can memorize a routine instead of fumbling her way through it. She has also been dancing with the same group of friends for 3 years and it is awesome to see them growing up together! Maia will take a break from ballet next fall and try out tap and jazz for a change of pace. Here's to hoping I can handle 2 sets of tap shoes "practicing" in the house. 
 
This was not Eva's first year in dance but it was her first year in the recital. You would think after several years of recitals the excitement would wear off, but seeing my baby up there on that big stage was a big moment for me! Of course I cried. I'm pretty sure we have already established what a cry baby I turn into when it comes to these things! Eva was so excited to finally have her own moment on stage after watching Maia for so many years. And she is good! She's a really good little tap dancer! Eva danced to Hello Sunshine and her class was pretty sweet in their yellow dresses, if I do say so myself!
Post recital ice cream date
Hasta...








No comments:

Post a Comment