Friday, November 8, 2013

Guest Post

Hi...Hello...!
Ray asked me to write a post for his blog about a trip I just returned home from. I am an insanely private person, so although this might be easy for most, I will second guess what I write well after he posts it.

I just returned home from a very long week away. Ray held down the fort beautifully! As I knew he would! No concerns from this Mama!

I met 5 of the most amazing girlfriends a gal could ask for in New York City for 4 long, crazy, cocktail fueled days. We showed that city how 6 Mom's do it!




The weekend started off (and continued well into the morning) with club hopping like a bunch of 21 year olds. I don't know how much cash was hemorrhaged on cab rides and covers, but we covered everything from a Bourbon bar to a Cuban bar to an underground swing club to a Drag Queen club on Madonna night!




The next day was much more "age appropriate" with a bus tour of the city, The Met, Central Park and lunch at The Boathouse, a salon visit (for my very first blow-out!), and a Broadway show (Kinky Boots - singing, shoes, and more fabulous Drag Queens - Highly recommended!).








Next day involved more city sights, Empire State Building, more food (Thank You Little Italy!), Top of the Rock, and more cocktails (No Thank You...ugh). 






Last day did me and my wallet in with a shopping tour down 5th Ave and a small little something from Tiffany & Co.!

Friends...Thank You! Thank you for the memories! Thank you for not leaving me on that corner, on that night...even though I deserved it! You really are the best friends a gal could have. Next year the beach or a spa vacation? Please!



When I finally crashed on my girlfriend's couch at 1 am after almost 6 hours on a plane (don't ask...), I was happy to be back on Colorado soil. NYC is always fun, but I choose Colorado!

I stayed in Denver 3 more days for work and finally crashed on my own couch last night. Home Sweet Home!

Thank you my loves (Ray, Maia and Eva in case that's not clear!) for giving me a much needed week away! And for reminding me how much I like my family! Getting away is fun, but I choose being home with you all!




Later...

1 comment:

  1. i will remember this trip for the rest of my life. SO FUN!!! So glad to share it with my girls. :)

    L

    ReplyDelete