Monday, November 11, 2013

Ice Skating (For Real)!

Ice skating has been a topic of daily conversation in our house for weeks now. And the big day finally arrived! Maia was stoked! 


This was one of the longest, funniest, most nail-biting 30 minutes I've experienced as a parent so far! 

Picture a handful of 3-4 year olds on skates for the first time. It was a cluster of falling, crying, flailing disaster. I cringed each time she fell (which was often and hard). I cringed each time they crashed into each other and sharp skates went in all directions. I found my body willing hers to balance and not fall. It must have been obvious as one of the Dad's of one of the hockey boys stopped to tell me that, "They will suddenly get it. By week 4, something happens and they can suddenly do it."  He also added, "I don't know why they like it. Looks painful, but they do!" And she did! Asked to get back on the ice and practice when her lesson was done! Nerd. 


So here is a video of Week 1. Stay tuned to watch her progress. I only pray that hockey Dad is right or we may end up with broken bones and a heart attack!


The outfit was her choice. We have now decided that snow pants and helmet are a better choice for next week. 


Hasta...





No comments:

Post a Comment