Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween 2013

This is the first Halloween that I have trick-or-treated in years. This means that this is the first time I have taken my girls trick-or-treating EVER. This is a BIG deal! I LOVE Halloween!





For the past 10+ years I have been at work on Halloween well past any reasonable hour for trick-or-treating with young children or even passing out candy to everybody else's dressed up kids. In case you hadn't noticed, Halloween always falls on the last day of the month and in my previous career (prior to this stay at home Daddy business), the end of the month was also considered a BIG deal. So I have been looking forward to this particular holiday for months.





The girls were butterflies (Maia's choice). And Magan was nice enough to be my cowboy's accessory cow.  (Yes, there were several "teet" jokes as the night went on and fondling of the udders).


Eva started out the day in a pumpkin costume for story time at the library but felt more adventurous by the time trick-or-treating came around.



We met up with some friends and went around several blocks before allowing the girls to eat way more candy for dinner then we should have. We also allowed them to pick out 2 pieces of candy before "The Great Pumpkin" took the rest in the middle of the night and left them a treat in exchange. Let's be honest, Magan and I dropped the ball on the treat shopping so "The Great Pumpkin" left them each $1 so they could buy their own treat at a later date. An awesome parenting idea gone slightly wrong. We tried.



We finished out the evening with cocktails with our 2 favorite sets of neighbors. Thanks Donna/Jim/Mike and Chad/Jamie for the hospitality! Now I know what I have been missing out on all these years!




P.S.  A special thank you to the pumpkin thieves for helping with the trash pickup for the week.

Hasta...

No comments:

Post a Comment