Monday, June 8, 2015

Pre-K Graduation

Maia is officially off to elementary school in the fall! She's a pre-K graduate! Eva is officially off to pre-school in the fall! She is a graduate of hanging out with me all day! And I am officially off to celebrate! 

I never went to pre-K. I'm guessing that most people my age never went to pre-K. We started off our school career in kindergarten. Not anymore. Apparently you now start with pre-school, then pre-K, THEN kindergarten. And a full day of kindergarten too, no half day here. I was a little shocked when it sunk in that starting in September Maia will be gone at school 5 full days a week. School just got real! 

I am happy that Eva will be starting pre-school at the same place Maia has been for the past 2 years - The Methodist Christian School. We have found a close-knit group of awesome friends at the Methodist church and the school has been great. We got lucky and when we moved to Durango in June of 2013; a neighbor mentioned the school, we called that day, and they just happened to have one opening in the exact class Maia was to be in. It was meant to be. 

Maia met her best friend the first day of school, she has loved every one of her teachers, she has grown up with the same group of classmates for the past 2 years, and she has learned more than I could have struggled to teach her at home (my patience could use a little work some days!). 

I just recently learned that Maia will be in the high school graduating class of 2028. Holy geez! Seems like forever. But stay tuned for that blog (or whatever the hip social media trend is then) when I post this pre-K graduation picture next to the high school graduation picture and say, "Where did the time go???"

Last day of Pre-K 2015





Miss Megan

Miss Ashleigh


Annual last day of school ice cream date



Hasta...

No comments:

Post a Comment