Monday, December 1, 2014

Partied Out - The 2014 Edition

A note before I get started... I posted about our 2013 Denver Thanksgiving/Birthday trip on this same date last year and called it "Partied Out". Apparently we have created a yearly tradition as this year's trip was almost identical. So if it feels like you've read this before, you sort of have.)

A recap of our whirl-wind Thanksgiving/Birthday weekend: 

Wednesday:
Loaded up the whole "fam damily" for a quick trip over the mountains to Denver (this drive never goes quite as planned with 2 small children... This year's edition included several stops for a car sick child which resulted in a bath, laundry, and a car wash as soon as we arrived in the big city. Awesome.) All was well that ended well though, we enjoyed a pizza party for my sister's birthday. Happy Birthday Christa! 





Thursday: 
Happy Thanksgiving! Spent the day with my whole family. It was good to have us all together for the second year in a row! And Happy Birthday to Magan's sister Stacy! 









Friday: 
Happy 3rd Birthday Eva! Eva celebrated with her friends and family at the WOW! Children's Museum and cupcakes and ice cream at Eats and Sweets. I think it was a success as she claimed this was "the best birthday EVER!" (apparently way better then the other 2 she has experienced). 







Our best friends and the girls Godparents hosted a birthday dinner at their house that evening. Thanks Block's! It kind of was the easiest (and best) birthday ever!  

Saturday: 
We ventured out for some big city theatre - Lyle the Crocodile. It was a good show. I mean didn't really compete with last year's viewing of Frozen (they can't all be block-buster Disney movies...), but we don't have much in the way of children's theatre in Durango and since Maia insists that she is "moving to New York City to sing on a stage" we figure we better foster that dream. Although she did remind us that she "doesn't want to ACT on stage, just SING". Got it - we will schedule a concert for next year I guess. 






The theatre was followed by a super classy dinner at Casa Bonita. Enough said... A Casa Bonita visit has become a permanent fixture on the Garcia family Denver trip schedule.







Saturday ended with an adults only dinner and trip to the club with (some of) the cousins. Yep, I found myself out at a downtown dance club. It's been a couple of years since I broke out my "club wear". Let's be honest, my "club wear" is my nice jeans and t-shirt. Magan was right at home and I was reminded why I prefer the Durango scene over the Denver scene. (I'm kidding Christa... It was actually a really nice club and really good time!). 



Sunday:
So good to spend some time catching up with my Uncle Joe and Aunt Renee. Uncle Joe, you look great and it was awesome to hear the same old stories again! A little more family time for the "official" Garcia family birthday party, a Broncos win, and some of my mom's homemade green chili... Heck of a way to end the long holiday weekend! 





Monday: 
Headed for the hills and made it home incident free. It really is a Christmas miracle! 

We are one blessed family to have so many friends and family to spend time with! We packed way too much into one trip. Celebrated in excess. We are thankful beyond words. 



Hasta...

No comments:

Post a Comment