Tuesday, November 10, 2015

GOOAAAALLL!

Maia had only ever participated in individual sports until this fall when she decided to join her kindergarten soccer team. And when I say she decided I mean that I signed her up, told her how much fun soccer would be (I should mention that I have never played soccer a day in my life), and informed her that she would be starting the following week. Maia has participated in several sports (swimming, bike riding, gymnastics, ice skating, dancing, skiing), but never on a team and I wanted to see how she would do. 

She took to soccer like a fish to water. More importantly, she was an awesome team member! She insisted on keeping score even though official score was not kept, not because of winning but because she was so excited every time anybody on her team scored a goal. She was super involved in the games and always cheering on her friends. And I should also note (because I am a proud Daddy) that Maia is pretty good at soccer herself! 

At the end of the season the whole team was rewarded with trophies and this has become Maia's prized possession. She takes it everywhere and will tell anybody who will listen about her games. Just as I hoped, being part of a team has really encouraged some good friendships outside of soccer. Maia is already driving us crazy asking when the next season starts...so I guess I better brush up on my soccer skills. 











Hasta...


No comments:

Post a Comment